domenica 25 dicembre 2011

Saturday - Christmas Eve

MERRY CHRISTMAS FOLKS!

I love Christmas Eve and I woke up in a Christmassy mood at last
festive atmospheres were lacking this year...
Getting up was serene this morning even if  outside there was a stormy weather
So tea and crispbread with my home-made banana and ciocolate jam on


Light lunch because there will be plenty of yummy things to eat tonight for dinner
Pumpkin and carrot puree: I added the half robiola cheese to make the puree creamier and tastier, a pinch of curry and chives. I used a bit of olives focaccia instead of coutons
Comfy meal in front of the telly watching The Muppets


At night I had the traditional Christmas' Eve Fish Dinner with my family
After that we unwrap presents and we play bingo
Well, they play bingo, I go out with friends or I watch a Christmas movie instead

My mother cooked a lot of yummy stuff even if there were no extra guests: just us.
Cheese pastry, pasty pizzette, canapés with salmon and dried tomatoes, home-made crackers with Parmesan cheese and hazelnut with soft cheese, fig jam and paprika as topping.
Spaghetti with mixed fish as a first course; boiled prawns and roasted squids with vinagrette as a second course and at th end a lovely profiteroles made by my sister

;

I never took pics to the beverages, but this is interesting
There's a tradition which I love for the Christmas Eve in the city where I live: everyone meet up in the main square and spend the night there, chatting, greeting Merry Christmas. 
You usually bump into everyone you know, so it's nice to wish a Happy Crimbo in person to all your friend and few relatives.
This tradition is callled CAMEL PUNCH because you drink tangerine and rhum punch all the night long to warm you up until late night (well....early morning...) and everyone looks so happy and a tad sloshed


1 commento: