mercoledì 21 dicembre 2011

Tuesday

I was craving lots of warm beverages this morning: they help me to heal my stomach
So plain warm water as a start, ginger and barley coffee macchiato, tea with few lemon drops, crispbread with some raspberry marmalade and...a gianduiotto. 
I know I promised to be good and avoid diet slips, but I did need a treat this morning


At least I behaved at lunch: vegetables puree, fish fingers (not fried) and stewed aubergine


Dinner was great fun. I planned a Christmas dinner and I invited my boss and friend Alice with her fiancé
We are all on the diet so I organized a Christmas dietetic dinner wich was scrummy.
We started with an apéritif and an appetizer (pineapple juice and babaganoush with croutons) sit by the fireplace


We went on with some gorgeous Jerusalem artichoke puree


And we ended the meal with grilled fillets with spinach and fennels and shallots stewed in demerara sugar, ginger and cumin
That little onion is a bittersweet borettana I prepared last month: delicious!


We could not finish without dessert: I made some oranges in a marinade made with demerara sugar, orange peels, cardamom and star anise

Very Christmassy, yep!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento