martedì 27 dicembre 2011

Christmas Day - Sunday

Merry Christmas to all again 

Had you got a nice day? How did you spend it? 
I woke up a bit late because I come back home after 3am from the Camel Ponce 
I still was full from the dinner before so no breakfast this morning: only a quick americano coffee @Bar Michelangelo and then Christmas lunch with my family including my aunt and cousin
I ate without any restraint...
First of all because I can't think of the diet at Christmas. It shall be forbidden.
Second: I planned this gorging one year ago. Last year I spent few days at the hospital until 24th December and I couldn't eat as I wished due to the stitches on my belly: I wanted to catch up this year, definitely.

We started with a lot of appetizers made by my mom. Lots of pastry: I love it!
The best bite? The mortadella mousse puffs.
First course: cappelletti in stuffed chicken bouillon. They are a typical dish from Emilia-Romagna (my Uncle was born in Faenza) but we traditionally eat them at Christmas and at Easter.
Second course: just a taste of roasted lamb and stuffed veal with a bit of green salad
My sister's profiteroles again as a dessert and few star biscuits on the background made by my mom: I'm not fond of sweet food, but I can say no to a profiterole. 
I think it's my favourite cake.



I finished my lunch at 4pm.
Then I sat in front of my fireplace with a ginger and cinnamom infusion to digest.
But at 7pm I went again to a Christmas dinner with some of my friends, our traditional "Left-overs Dinner": everyone take some left-overs from their Christmas Lunch and we share everything. So we don't have to cook, we finish all the caloric food at once and we just nibble while we chat and play with games: we're still full from our family lunches so we don't care of another pantagruel meal, but we usually end up to eat like pigs anyway...
We started with tangerines, oranges, dried fruits, panettone and after 10pm our guests Martina and Luca prepared all the left-overs. There were lots of stuff that finished at once, so it was hard for me even to take pics


We stayed untill 2am ending up eating few desserts and sweets and playing tombola as tradition requires
I ate few choco chip cookies as you can spot on the background: I love that brand!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento